Be a Game Changer. Become a Coach!
We are looking for coaches – golf experience helps but is not required.
At First Tee, we help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.
To do this, we need enthusiastic and caring individuals to serve as positive mentors and role models to kids and teens of various backgrounds. Our coaches’ ability to develop impactful relationships with our participants is the backbone of our program – and we’ll provide all the training you’ll need.
Not only do participants and alumni credit their coaches with empowering them to discover their character strengths and develop life lessons, but coaches reap the benefits as well, experiencing their own personal growth and transformation.
- A passion for impact. We believe passion is contagious and we bring it to everything we do.
- Personal growth through golf. We focus on the deeper side of golf. We prioritize personal growth of kids over their golf ability.
- Culture of acceptance. We break down barriers that keep kids and families from feeling like they belong – no matter what walk of life.
- Fun with intention. We believe personal growth happens when you’re captivated, emotionally invested and actively engaged.
Join us in helping kids discover what’s inside of them and guide them to strengthen it. Join us in Building Game Changers. Join us and become a First Tee Coach.
As part of our commitment, all employees, coaches, volunteers and board members will complete a background check before working with our youth. In addition, all employees, coaches, volunteers, and board members will be required to complete the online US Center for SafeSport training program.
Learn about our Youth Safety Policies:
Seasonal programs run six weeks, one day per week, per site. We ask that our coaches commit to an entire session at a specific site (normally 5-6 hours per week). This is crucial to developing and establishing positive relationships with the participants.
– Learn the curriculum to deliver the best programming possible
– Review lesson plans prior to class (will be emailed to you directly)
– Stay informed by communicating & responding to chapter emails & correspondence
– Prepare & assist in setting up for class to ensure adherence to lesson plans
– Complete the First Tee Assistant Coach Training
– Pass a background check and SafeSport Training
Make an Impact Off the Course
We need more than coaches to make the First Tee possible. We rely on volunteers — sometimes year round — to accomplish our mission, and not all of those goals involve golf; we need support off the course as well. Opportunities include:
- In-school programming
By contributing your time and talent, you can directly make an impact in a young person’s life.
Learn More About Opportunities
Contact PGA Professional/First Tee Program Director Joe Simpson at (810) 249-7071 to find out how to get involved as a coach. You must complete an application and screening process, which may include an interview about your skills and interests, a criminal background check, and character references. You will also receive training about your volunteer or coaching role, behavioral expectations, and child protection.